The 14th of October 2001 I became a Debian Developer (or DD).
You can get some more details from https://nm.debian.org/person/rousseau/
History of my Debian packages
Unsurprisingly I mostly maintain smart card related packages.
- pcsc-perl Perl interface to the PC/SC smart card library
- pcsc-tools Some tools to use with smart cards and PC/SC
- libgempc410 - PC/SC driver for the GemPC 410, 412, 413 and 415 smart card readers
- libgempc430 - PC/SC driver for the GemPC 430, 432, 435 smart card readers
- pcscd - Middleware to access a smart card using PC/SC (daemon side)
- libpcsclite1 - Middleware to access a smart card using PC/SC (library)
- libpcsclite-dev - Middleware to access a smart card using PC/SC (development files)
- ccid PC/SC driver for USB CCID smart card readers
- libpisock9 - library for communicating with a PalmOS PDA
- libpisync1 - synchronization library for PalmOS devices
- pilot-link - tools to communicate with a PalmOS PDA
- python-pisock - Python module to communicate with PalmOS PDA
- libpisock-dev - development files for communicating with a PalmOS PDA
- python-pisock-dbg - Python module to communicate with PalmOS PDA (debug extension)
- I will
stoped maintaining pilot-link in 2019 because I do not have a Palm pilot any more.
- jpilot - graphical app. to modify the contents of your Palm Pilot's DBs
- jpilot-plugins - plugins for jpilot (Palm Pilot desktop)
- I will
stoped maintaining jpilot in 2019 for the same reason I stopped maintaining pilot-link
- libasedrive-serial - PC/SC driver for the Athena ASEDrive IIIe serial smart card reader
- libasedrive-usb - PC/SC driver for the Athena ASEDrive IIIe USB smart card reader
- coolkey - Smart Card PKCS #11 cryptographic module
- libckyapplet1 - Smart Card Coolkey applet
- libckyapplet1-dev - Smart Card Coolkey applet development files
- pam-pkcs11 - Fully featured PAM module for using PKCS#11 smart cards
- colormake - simple wrapper around make to colorize output
- vgrabbj - grabs an image from a camera and puts it in jpg/png format
- acsccid - PC/SC driver for ACS USB CCID smart card readers
- I just sponsor this package because the package maintainer is not a Debian Developer
- grisbi - personal finance management program
- 0ad - Real-time strategy game of ancient warfare
- 0ad-data - Real-time strategy game of ancient warfare (data files)
- libnfc-bin - Near Field Communication (NFC) binaries
- libnfc-dev - Near Field Communication (NFC) library (development files)
- libnfc-examples - Near Field Communication (NFC) examples
- libnfc-pn53x-examples - Near Field Communication (NFC) examples for PN53x chips only
- libnfc6 - Near Field Communication (NFC) library
You can have a list of my packages and their status at my Debian QA page.
I maintain Debian packages for different reasons.
- I maintain the package upstream.
- For example I am the author and maintainer of the CCID driver. And I also maintain the Debian package for this software.
- I use the package and it has been orphaned. It may have been orphaned in Debian or also orphaned upstream.
- For example I am not the original author of pcsc-lite. I first started providing bug reports, then patches. I got a write access on the source code repository. I made new releases. And eventually I am on the only maintainer of pcsc-lite.
I think Debian is a very nice project. I do plan to continue maintaining my packages for the next 10 or 20 years. Maybe more :-)