pcsc-lite is a Free Software implementation of the PC/SC (or WinSCard) API for Unix systems.
Changes1.8.26: Ludovic Rousseau
3 January 2020
select()to allow file descriptor higher than
- Enable reader filtering by default
- Do not read output buffer after error
- Adjust code to handle autoallocated buffers
- fix year-2038 issue by using long instead of int
- Android: fix compilation
- if client/server protocol mismatch:
- log an explicit message
- polkit: log the error message if polkit_authority_get_sync() fails
- Exit with
EXIT_SUCCESSon shutdown to please systemd
- Doxygen: fix minor issues in the documentation
- Fix a minor memory leak
MotivationThe major change is the use of reader filtering by default. No need to rebuild pcsc-lite using
The feature was introduced in 2015 and is documented at "Remove and/or customize PC/SC reader names".
This feature is requested in packages by some users.
- In Debian bug #947883 " Enable reader name filter in pcscd "
- In Arch Linux bug 51912 " [pcsclite] Enable 'filter' support "
- And also in Ubuntu bug 1857118 " Build pcscd with --enable-filter option "
To avoid that each GNU/Linux distribution changes the packaging configuration to enable the feature I decided to enable the feature by default in the upstream project.
This change should not have any bad side effect. Only root can modify the configuration file
For systemd use:
sudo systemctl edit pcscdto add something like:
You can get the previous behaviour by using